Speak English just like an American by learning the sound patterns that native speakers use. Download this MP3 course to learn anywhere, anytime.
We learn best by combining new ideas with our existing knowledge and applying our increasing skills in a variety of ways.
Learning is an active process, and our practice section gives you the opportunity to try out your language in a number of interesting scenarios.
- Dialogues - examples of real English in a range of authentic situations:
- Listening - have fun improving your listening skills.
- Speaking - learn to speak naturally and confidently by improving your English accent.
- Common Mistakes - avoid the most common mistakes made by learners of English.
- Your Real Star Sign - a fun way to discover the language of personality.
- The Reading Room - test your reading comprehension.
- Poetry - learn to analyze poems and start writing your own.
Advanced Grammar in Use. This new revised edition focuses specifically on the complexities of grammatical choices that advanced students need to appreciate. It also includes a comprehensive Basic Grammar Reference so students can easily review their understanding of language areas they have previously studied. This edition, with answers and CD-ROM, is ideal for self-study. The CD-ROM includes hundreds of interactive exercises to reinforce the language learned in the book.
Ultimate Phrasal Verb Book. Updated to reflect questions found on various recent ESL tests, this book presents 400 common phrasal verbs as they are used in everyday English. Phrasal verbs are verbs combined with prepositions or adverbs. Becoming familiar with phrasal verbs and understanding how they are commonly used as nouns (for example, breakup and show-off), or as adjectives (spaced-out, broken-down, stressed-out and many others) is essential to speaking and understanding modern English. Students preparing for the TOEFL or other ESL exams will find this book's many examples and exercises especially helpful.